The Place to Learn Skiing & Snowboarding
The best way to learn to ski or ride is to take lessons! Professional instruction at the French Swiss Ski College will accelerate your improvement. Having taught over one million skiers and snowboarders since 1969, this is the place to learn skiing and snowboarding! Sign up with the oldest and best ski school in the Southeast for your next lesson.
Why Take Lessons?
A very high percentage of people who try skiing once never return. They try it on their own, or with the help of their friends. They are not successful and never return. For the average person, it takes 3 times to be comfortable and in control on the more difficult terrain. Taking a series of 3 lessons (not one) will give you a skill for life.
The first lesson helps you learn to keep your balance, and you get familiar with sliding while staying on your feet. The second lesson makes the transition to intermediate terrain and the third lesson gets you comfortable and confident on intermediate terrain. The joy of skiing really starts when you can turn and ski in control on intermediate terrain. Guidance and coaching from a trained professional instructor makes the goal much easier to accomplish.
Which Lessons are Right for You?
- Group: All levels, age 6 and over. Group lessons offer the opportunity to improve with skiers or snowboarders of similar ability in a fun, supportive and social atmosphere. Sign up for more than one and improve faster. These are small classes, with never more than 10 people in a group.
- Private: Skiing or snowboarding one on one with a private instructor is the most productive way to learn the sport. Time is spent progressing at your pace, tailored exclusively to address your specific needs. Private and semi-private lessons can be arranged at any of the times listed. Reservations suggested.
- Ultimate Private: Looking for a big improvement in a few short hours? Meet with your personal instructor for a skill evaluation, determine your objectives and develop a three-lesson plan to reach your goals.
Lessons are Offered Daily at:
- 10:00am – Beginners
- 11:15am – Beginners
- 12:30pm – Private Lessons & Intermediate Workshops
- 2:00pm – Beginners
- 3:15pm – Private Lessons Only
- 6:15pm – Beginners, & Private Lessons
- 7:30pm – Beginners, & Private Lessons
To view lesson rates and additional info, please visit the Lessons page.
Contact French Swiss Ski College Directly at: (828) 295-9311
SKIwee & Cruiser Camp
SKIwee and Cruiser Camp programs designed to teach beginning skiers and snowboarders. The instruction and play programs for skiers age 4-10 and snowboarders ages 7-12. The price includes a slope ticket, equipment rental, helmet rental and group instruction. Register at the ski school desk, lower level of the lodge at Appalachian Ski Mtn. Rates for SKIwee and Cruiser camp can be found HERE.
Appalachian Ski Mtn. Race Team
Have fun, ski fast and race; these are the objectives of the Appalachian Ski Mtn. Race Team at Appalachian Ski Mtn. Designed for skiers ages 6-18, this program is affordable, fun and features training as well as competitions throughout the high country region.
For more info, please visit the Race Team page.
A Message From the President
We want you to enjoy winter sports, and we take a genuine interest in your progress. The French-Swiss Ski College located at Appalachian Ski Mtn. has taught over 1 million people to ski and snowboard. The instruction staff goes through extensive training on how to be effective with learners and is dedicated to making your first days on skis or snowboard a memorable experience. Reasonably priced group instruction is available 5 times daily with never more than 10 students per instructor. Group and/or private lessons are a great way to get started correctly in a sport that will bring a lifetime of pleasure.
What can you expect from a lesson with French-Swiss Ski College?
- A friendly, professionally trained instructor to make your learning experience a memorable one.
- Personal attention to help guide you through your first steps so you’re started the right way.
- The opportunity to learn in an environment where “Safety, Fun, Learning and Practice” is the motto.
Invest in yourself! Let the French-Swiss Ski College team help make your goal a reality today. You are never too old or too young to enjoy the beauty of the mountains, and the thrill of sliding on snow.
Appalachian Ski Mtn. is “the place to learn to ski or ride.” We will work with you at your pace to help you acquire the skills needed to experience the joy of snow sports.
Jim Cottrell, President
French Swiss Ski College